Entries will only be accepted through online submission through this Member Portal. Follow the steps below to enter:
- Sign into your CSAC account or create a new one here.
- Select Entry under Challenge Awards from the top menu bar
- Fill out the Entry Form
* You must fill out all items in the application including selecting one issue category and one population category
*Make sure you are ready to fill out the entire form along with the .pdf file. Do not exit out of the form. Entering and exiting the form will create multiple entries. If you upload the wrong file, continue to submit and email Administrative and Meetings Assistant Kate B. Poblete at: [email protected] to replace and edit your file.
The Executive Summary is a critical part of your entry and explains the challenge your program addressed and how it was successful. The Executive Summary must be attached to the application and contain:
- No more than 2 pages (sized 8.5” x 11”);
- Text that must be double-spaced and no smaller than size 11; AND
- Include contact information
To see last year’s Executive Summaries for award-winning programs, click here.
In reviewing your Executive Summary, judges will base their ratings on the following areas:
- Overview – Provide a brief, 25-word summary of your program or project.
- Challenge – Describe the challenge your county faced and the process used to address it. Explain the unique or critical factors that led to this project.
- Solution – Describe the innovative steps taken by the county to solve the problem or overcome the challenge outlined above.
- Innovation – Describe how this program is innovative among California Counties. Show how your solution demonstrates creativity, uniqueness and an innovative spirit.
- Results – Describe the results of the program/project. Discuss how the program or project has positively impacted the community, improved delivery of services to the public, or improved administration of a program internally.
- Replicability – Describe how your program can potentially be replicated by other California Counties. Can your program by promoted as a best practice that can be utilized by others?
- Project or Program Contact – List the name, title, mailing address, phone and email address of the person who can be contacted about this program.
- Additional Materials – If your project involved the development of a video, graphic design or PowerPoint, please include a link to the materials with your submission.
There is a cost of $100.00 per entry
. You can choose to pay by credit card or check. For example, if you submit three entries/programs, the total cost would be $300. All payments for Challenge Awards must be submitted by September 1, 2023.
You can choose to pay now or receive an invoice using the "pay later" option. After submitting an entry, you will receive a confirmation email and you can view all entries under ‘My Entries’ on the main Challenge Awards page.
- Questions about the entry process and Member Portal should go to Administrative and Meetings Assistant Kate B. Poblete at: [email protected].